Stage 1: Setup
Create a Cadmus Assignment link in your LMS unit page.
- To begin, open your subject’s page in Blackboard. Ensure Edit Mode is on.
- Navigate to the content area where you’d like students to access your Cadmus Assignment (we recommend the Assessments section).
- From the Assessment dropdown menu, select Cadmus Assignment.
- Add a name, and a description for your Cadmus Assignment (note: you don’t need to include a due date here. You will set this inside Cadmus).
- In the Grading section:
- check enable evaluations.
- set points possible. This is the % the assignment is worth.
- check no for visible to students. This will hide grades from students in their grade book. They can access grades and feedback through Cadmus after the grade return date set in Cadmus. If you would like students to see their grades in their grade book later, you can always come back and edit this setting.
In the Options section:
- set permit users to view this content, depending on whether or not you want hide the Cadmus Assignment link from students for now.
- Click Submit to complete the assignment creation process.
- You just created a brand new Cadmus Assignment. Clicking the link will now take you directly to the Cadmus Teacher Environment, where you will design and setup your assessment requirements and instructions.
Welcome to Cadmus. Through these videos we’ll give you an overview of what it’s like to run a Cadmus Assignment in your unit - taking a look at both the Teacher and Student Environments. We’ll take you through all the stages of the assessment, from setting up a link in your LMS, right through to returning grades and feedback.
So let’s get started by creating a Cadmus Assignment link in your LMS. You can create one in the Assessments section of your subject’s page by selecting Cadmus Assignment from the assessment drop-down menu. Add a name, and a description. We’d recommend using this space to remind your students that all their work should be completed in Cadmus, where they’ll find all the assessment information as well. They’ll only be able to access Cadmus from a computer, and we’ve found the best experience is when they use Chrome as their internet browser - so let’s add in a note about this too.
Once that’s done, click Submit to save your Cadmus Assignment link. Simply click on the link, and then ‘Go to my assessment’ to be taken to the Cadmus Teacher Environment. Now we’re ready to jump in and start writing up our assignment instructions.