With the Formatting toolbar in Cadmus, you have all the functionality you need to structure your writing effectively and add images to your assignment.
Working in Cadmus might feel a bit different to the other text editors you’re used to. Cadmus uses preset formatting, and you’ll notice there aren’t any pages. This means you don’t need to spend time changing things like fonts and margins - you can just focus on your content.
Using the toolbar at the top of the Student Environment, you can:
- Create titles, headings and block quotes using the text style dropdown
- Bold, italicise, underline and strikethrough text
- Align and indent text
- Create numbered, bulleted and check lists
- Highlight text and change font colours
- Add Images
- Undo and Redo
TIP! Can’t see all the icons in your toolbar? Hover over the toolbar with your mouse and scroll. You can also try making your window larger, or zooming out (
-) till you can see all the formatting options.
You can add things like photos and sketches, or screenshots of graphs and tables to your work. Just click the Image icon in the Formatting Toolbar. When the upload area comes up in your document, you can upload an image from your computer.
When you click on your uploaded image, the Image Toolbar will pop up. From here, you can:
- Change the image’s size
- Toggle the image caption on and off
- Remove the image
NOTE: The following image file types are supported: .jpg, .png, .gif and .bmp
Once you’ve added an image to your work, there are 3 sizes you can choose from:
- Fit to text: Your image will resize to fit the width of your text
- Full Width Banner: Your image will stretch to the full width of the panel. This is great for section breaks
- Original Image Size: Your image will try to maintain it’s true size. If it’s too large for the screen, it’ll fit to width of the panel