Use this framework as you plan and structure your essay.
Introduction (150 words)
- Set out the context of your argument
- Introduce the content of the essay
- Introduce the theoretical perspectives you will be using
- Outline out your thesis statement
- Explain how the essay will be organised
Body (3 x 250 word paragraphs)
- Present a topic sentence supporting your thesis statement
- Add developing sentences which extend your topic sentence
- Give examples to support your topic sentence. Remember to use citations where appropriate.
- Provide a concluding sentence
Conclusion (100 words)
- Restate your thesis statement
- Summarise the points and evidence in support of your thesis statement